THE PERFECT PLACE TO LIVE – ALL ABOUT MEDIENFENSTER ADLERSHOF
Within easy reach of the university, research and technology
• The following university faculties and academies are easily accessible from and close to Medienfenster - the Humboldt University faculties of chemistry, physics and psychology, the University of Applied Sciences, the teacher training college and the College of Drama. The Adlershof Campus with its Humboldt University faculties is almost opposite on Rudower Chaussee.
• The University of Applied Sciences, Wildau is only 17 minutes away, with a connection every 20 minutes by the S46 rapid transit service in the direction of Königs Wusterhausen.
• The University of Applied Sciences, teacher training college and College of Drama can be accessed quickly by rapid transit service, tram or bus (each approximately 2.5 km away).
• Respected research institutes (Leibniz and Frauenhofer) are not far away.
• There are lots of university canteens, cafés and refreshment outlets nearby.
• The Berlin Electron Storage Ring for Synchrotron Radiation (BESSY) particle accelerator, a trailblazer in advanced technological research, is based here.
• Many businesses have established a symbiotic relationship with the Adlershof Research and Technology Centre ((job opportunities during or after study).
Adlershof - a lively place for night-life, cultural activities and restaurants
• For the evenings there are lots of bars, pubs and restaurants on Dörpfeldstrasse, the up-and-coming night-life district just 300 metres away.
• P TWO is the nearest club for cocktails, dinner or partying and is also on Dörpfeldstrasse, approx. 500 metres away.
• The creators of the Berghain nightclub have opened the new East-Scene Club weyde³ not far away (3.5 km) on the River Spree.
• A fast, direct rapid transit service runs to the Neukölln, Kreuzberg (S46 -> Westend or S8 or S9 -> Treptower Park - S42 Ring) and Friedrichshain (S8 and S9) party and nightclub scene.
• Alt-Köpenick with its castle, cafés, bars and restaurants is just a few minutes away (approx. 2.7 km) by trams no. 60 or 63, which depart from just outside the front door.
• There are also several cinemas and a theatre nearby which can be reached in no time on foot or by tram.
Perfect transport links
• It is easy to reach Berlin’s centres: Kurfürstendamm (S46 -> Halensee), Potsdamer Platz and Friedrichstrasse (S46 -> Südkreuz/Schöneberg/Tempelhof ->U6/S1/S2/ regional railway Potsdamer Platz and Friedrichstrasse), Alexanderplatz (S8/S9 -> Ostkreuz -> S7/S75/S5 -> Alexanderplatz or S46 -> Hermannstrasse -> U8 Alexanderplatz).
• Perfect rail connections: Südkreuz (regional and intercity station on the north-south line), Ostkreuz (regional station on the north-south line, with an east-west line under construction) and Grünau (opening soon as a regional station on the north-south line) can be reached quickly (Grünau just one stop) by the rapid transit service.
• Nearly every rapid transit (S-Bahn) and underground (U-Bahn) station throughout the Berlin network can be reached with just one change.
• The urban expressway is less than five minutes away.
• Schönefeld Airport is less than ten minutes’ drive away (enabling you to avoid its significant aircraft noise) and nine minutes’ ride on the S9 rapid transit line.
• The Berliner Ring (Schönefeld intersection) can also be reached in just under ten minutes.
Unlimited sport and leisure potential
• Müggelsee lake (the Wannsee of the East) is just a few kilometres away and in summer offers excellent swimming facilities, quiet restaurants and open-air events (approximately 5 km away).
• North of the nearby River Spree is Wuhlheide, with all its leisure facilities, including a swimming pool, theatre, the popular open-air venue and a huge forest, great for joggers, cyclists and picnics.
• There are lots of open air swimming pools, lidos and outdoor areas nearby.
• The Zur alten Försterei stadium, the home of 1st FC Union Berlin, and the Mellow Park skate park, the only one of its kind and known nationwide to skateboarders and BMX riders, is approx. 2.5 km away).
• Not far away, on the River Spree and its tributaries, is the East Berlin Water Sports Centre, with a wide range of rowing, canoe and sailing clubs (approx. 2.0 km away).
• The Johannesthal water reserve is no distance away, and is irresistible to joggers and cyclists.
• A wide range of sports clubs for many kinds of recreational and competitive sport - football, basketball, table tennis, tennis, riding, water sports, etc. - is located within a radius of three kilometres.
• There are several fitness studios within walking distance, some just a few minutes away.
Shopping and all your other needs can be met close by
• The Kaufland shopping centre is located diagonally opposite Medienfenster.
• The Zentrum Schöneweide shopping centre with its variety of shops can be found at Schöneweide rapid transit station.
• Several other supermarkets and a health-food shop are about three minutes’ walk away.
• Everyday needs, such as banks, a dispensing chemist’s shop, a hairdressing salon, a post office, a bakery and doctors, can be met within walking distance.
• The Adlershof health centre is barely 200 metres away, with its 35 medical practices and associated facilities guaranteeing local availability of comprehensive medical care.